Epson TM-M30 Thermal POS Printer Hardware Setup Guide
EPSON TM-M30 GUIDE
The Epson TM-m30 printer is an affordable and reliable point of sale printer that can be used to control a standard APG cash drawer, print customer receipts and to print orders at the bar or in the kitchen.
The Epson TM-m30 POS printer is a thermal printer. This means it does not use ink cartridges or ribbons. The only consumable the printer uses is approved thermal paper that is 3 and 1/8ths inches wide.
Thermal paper is heat-sensitive. The printed information is produced when the specially treated paper is passed over the printer’s thermal head. The amount of heat that is used to activate the image is very low, so thermal printers such as the TM-m30 may not be suitable for the intense heat in some kitchens. Compared to ink ribbon impact printing, thermal printing is very fast and quiet.
REPLACING THE PAPER
Only use approved compatible thermal paper rolls that are 3 and 1/8ths inches wide and no more than 230 inches long.
- Open the top cover by using the right side grey lever
- Remove the core of the expended roll
- Insert the new roll of paper so that the roll is behind the paper
- Close the lid with 2 inches of paper sticking out.
EPSON TM-M30 LIGHTS
There are three status indicator lights on the Epson TM-m30 POS printer.
Power LED — Blue light
- On when power is on
- Blinks when network is connecting
Error LED — Red-Orange light
- On when power is on and printer is starting-up
- Turns off when printer is “ready”
- Flashes when there is an erro
Paper LED — Orange light
- On when paper is out or there is an issue with the paper
- On after self-test to urge restart
- On after printer lid is opened to urge restart
EPSON TM-M30 BUTTONS
The printer is very simple to use, there are only two buttons on the TM-m30, located on the right side of the printer
- The top button is the power/reset button
- The bottom button is the paper feed button
The Epson TM-m30 printer has all of it’s ports at the bottom:
- Power connector port — For approved Epson printer locking A/C adaptor.
- USB-b port — Used for USB connectivity to a computer
- Network Port — Used for LAN connectivity to your Rezku POS system
- Cash Drawer Port — Used to connect to an APG cash drawer and control the release
TM-M30 PRINTER SETUP
The Epson TM-m30 printer comes pre-configured by Rezku with the latest compatible firmware configuration and settings for quick “plug and play” setup.
EPSON TM-M30 FACTORY RESET
- Turn off printer by pressing the power key on the top of the printer
- Use a ballpoint pen to hold down the SW reset switch located on the bottom of the printer.
- Hold the SW-Reset switch down for 5 seconds.
- Keep holding the SW reset switch while you turn the printer back on.
- It will print a small paper that says “Initialization complete”.
- Release the SW reset button. This completes the factory reset.
EPSON TM-M30 PRINTER SELF TEST
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power key on the top of the printer
- Hold down the feed key on the top of the printer
- Keep holding down the feed key while turning the printer back on
- Wait 5 seconds (do not release the feed key)
- The self-test sheet will print
- Release the Feed Button
- After printing the self-test, the printer must be turned off and back on to return to normal
REZKU SUPPORT ASSISTANCE
For additional help with your Epson TM-m30 Thermal POS receipt printer please contact Rezku Support. We’re always happy to help!