EPSON TM-U220 IP Configuration Windows Version (firmware v. 4.00) Download PDF
The steps are:
- Plug the printer directly into the ethernet port on your computer.
- Configure Windows to see the printer.
- Use Chrome or another browser to go to the printer’s configuration page.
- Change the printer’s network settings to automatic.
What you’ll need:
- Epson TM-U220 with Power
- Ethernet Cable
- Windows Computer
Plug power and ethernet cable into Epson printer and turn it on.
Plug ethernet cable from the back of the printer directly into the computer. Do not plug it into the router.
From the Windows desktop, locate your computer’s network status icon in the tray (bottom right corner of the taskbar, next to the time).
● RIGHT click on the icon and from the popup choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
When the window for Network Sharing Center opens, click Change Adapter Settings on the left.
This will open your Network Connections.
● RIGHT Click on the Ethernet adapter and click on Properties
In the box that pops up, look through the list until you see Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on it to highlight.
● Click on the Properties button. This opens a settings window. Typically, your adapter will be set to Obtain an IP address automatically. Click to change the setting to Use the Following IP address.
NOTE: If your configuration is something other than Obtain IP address automatically, record the settings either with a screenshot or write them down, because you’ll need to change them back after you have finished configuring the printer!
Set IP address to 192.168.192.1
Subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
Leave everything else blank.
● Click OK for this window ONLY.
DO NOT close the Network settings window, you’ll need to come back and undo these changes when the printer is configured!
Open your web browser.
● In the address bar, type 192.168.168.192 and then press enter.
You will receive a privacy warning. Do not be alarmed. You are just connecting to the Epson printer.
● Click ADVANCED to show details and allow you to bypass the warning.
● Click to Proceed, despite the warning.
You will be asked to enter a username and password to log in.
User Name: epson
Enter epson for both the username and the password, all lowercase!
When the configuration page loads, look along the left side for a blue bar that says CONFIGURATION. Underneath Configuration, you’ll see TCP/IP.
● Click here.
There are two links that say TCP/IP. We want the second one, under CONFIGURATION.
On the TCP/IP Setting page, click the drop-down box to change Acquiring the IP Address to Auto. Change Set IP Address Using ARP + PING to Disable.
Other settings stay the same.
● Click the Send button to save the changes.
● Click the Reset button or just turn your printer off and back on.
Configuration of the printer is complete, but you are not done yet!
Close Chrome and go back to your network settings. You must change the settings back to what they were. Otherwise, your network will not be properly configured for this computer.
The network settings window should still be open.
Make sure that Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) is still selected in the list.
● Click the Properties button to reopen the settings window.
The most likely setting is to Obtain an IP address automatically, but if your system was configured differently, it’s important to fill in the correct settings.
● Click OK to save and close the window.
You can now safely close all the network settings windows you have open.
To use the TM-U220 printer, plug the printer into your router and follow the printer configuration instructions for Rezku POS.