How do I connect my iPad to Wi-Fi?
To connect your iPad to Wi-Fi
- From the main iPad screen tap the Settings icon.
- On the left side settings list tap on “Wi-Fi”
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on by tapping the toggle button at the top right until it is green.
- Choose the correct Wi-Fi network to connect to
- Enter the password for the network if required
- That’s it!
How do I restart my iPad?
To restart the iPad, you must turn off the iPad completely. Follow these steps:
- Locate the iPad Wake/Sleep/On/Off button.*
- Hold down the button for 5 seconds
- The screen will show “Slide to power off”
- Swipe the toggle to the right to turn off your iPad
- Press the iPad Wake/Sleep/On/Off button again to turn your iPad back on
How do I reset my iPad password?
Your iPad may ask you to enter a password when performing updates or when installing new apps.
Your iPad is registered to the Apple ID that was entered when the iPad was first set up.
If you have forgotten your Apple ID password you may be locked out of your iPad or unable to update apps.
To reset your Apple ID Password you have the following options:
Reset your Apple ID password online
- Go to https://iforgot.apple.com
- Answer the security questions to prove your identity and reset your Apple ID password
Go to an Apple Store
- If you don’t know to the Apple ID account your iPad is registered to or you no longer have access to the email address used to set up the account A genius at an official Apple Store may be able to provide you with alternative means to verify your identity.
Call AppleCare Support
- If you can’t go to an official Apple Store and don’t know the Apple ID your iPad is registered to or you no longer have access to the email address used to set up the account AppleCare may be able to provide you with alternative means to verify your iden- tity over the phone
- The number for AppleCare Support is 1-800-MY-APPLE
How do I reset my iPad passcode?
Your iPad passcode may be a numerical PIN number or passphrase used to lock the iPad when not in use.
Too many failed attempts to enter the correct passcode can result in a locked iPad.
To recover an iPad that has been disabled and reset the passcode:
- Connect your iPad to your computer using the factory USB cable that came with the iPad
- Open iTunes
- Wait for iTunes to sync and back up your iPad
- After sync and backup have completed, click the “restore” button
- iTunes will wipe and restore your iPad from the latest backup, clearing the passcode.
- Note: This method only works if your iPad has been previously synced with the computer you are performing the restore from. For additional steps refer to Apple’s official documentation here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306